Spanish visa for uk citizens in 2024
In this article we are going to explain the different options for British citizens wishing to apply for Spain visa for UK.
As you all know, with Brexit, the United Kingdom left the European Union. If you were not resident in Spain at that time, you could not benefit from the rights of the Withdrawal Agreement. This means that any British citizen who now wants to live in Spain permanently, must apply for a visa.
Requirement to get a spanish visa for UK citizens
To get a Spanish visa if you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, you will need to follow the steps outlined below:
- Determine the type of visa you need: There are different types of Spanish visas, including the student visa, work visa, investor visa, non-working visa and family dependent visa. We can help you to determine which type of visa is appropriate according to your situation.
- Gather the necessary documents: You will need to prepare several documents to apply for a Spanish visa, including a valid passport, a completed visa application form, proof of sufficient financial means to support your stay in Spain, and possibly other documents depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
- Make an appointment: You will need to make an appointment with the Spanish embassy or consulate in the United Kingdom to submit your application and supporting documents.
- Attend the appointment: You will need to attend your appointment at the Spanish embassy or consulate in person to submit your application and documents, and to undergo an interview with a consular officer.
- Wait for a decision: After submitting your application, you will need to wait for a decision from the Spanish embassy or consulate. It may take several weeks or even months for a decision to be made.
How long does it take to get a spanish visa?
The process for obtaining a Spanish visa can vary depending on your specific circumstances and the type of visa you are applying for. In general, obtaining a Spanish visa as a citizen of the United Kingdom is not particularly difficult, as the UK and Spain have strong diplomatic and economic ties. However, you will need to meet the requirements and provide the necessary documents in order to be eligible for a Spanish visa.
Need to be said that from January 1, 2021, nationals of the United Kingdom are still exempt from the requirement to hold visas when crossing the external borders of the European Union for short stays (up to 90 days in any 180-day period).
So if you are applying for a different type of Spanish visa, such as a work visa or a student visa, the process may be more complex, as you will need to meet additional requirements and provide additional documents
It is important to note that the process for obtaining a Spanish visa can vary depending on your specific circumstances and the type of visa you are applying for. It is recommended that you carefully review the requirements and guidelines for obtaining a Spanish visa, and that you contact the Spanish embassy or consulate in the United Kingdom for further information and assistance.